Sunday, June 3, 2018

Looking for Alaska By: John Green


99561.



Goodreads

Enjoyed this book as much as J.D. Salinger's 'Catcher in the Rye'. Greens writing and narrator style is very similar to Salinger's. It's funny, as I look at John Greens goodreads page right now he actually has J.D. Salinger as his #1 influence.

I enjoyed some discussions on life's philosophies, like the labrynth.

My fav quote is: “Jesus, I'm not going to be one of those people who sits around talking about what they’re gonna do. I’m just going to do it. Imagining the future is a kind of nostalgia. ... You spend your whole life stuck in the labyrinth, thinking about how you’ll escape it one day, and how awesome it will be, and imagining that future keeps you going, but you never do it. You just use the future to escape the present.” 

It's a balance between being a visionary and being a realist, don't just have ideas, put them to action and that to me is escaping the labyrinth.

Started Reading: Feb 4, 2016
Finished Reading: Feb 10, 2016

Info:

Genre: Fiction, Tear-Jerker, YA
Page Count: 221 pages
Year 1st Published: 2005
Published By: Speak

Bookstores:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Reminders of Him

Reminders of Him by Colleen Hoover My rating: 5 of 5 stars View all my reviews