Thursday, October 10, 2019

Review: Cinder

Cinder Cinder by Marissa Meyer
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

It's kinda meh to me. I enjoyed it, but definitely doesn't get a 4/5 star for me, and the writing and story was better than a 2/5 sooooo 3/5.

I'm not sure how to pinpoint why I didn't like it as much as I'd hoped because it's a decent story with decent characters. Maybe it was the frustration I had to the injustice of treatment Cinder gets from her legal guardian and sisters. I found myself zoning out from this book on multiple occasions and had to re-read the page. Maybe it's just too juvenile for me.

While reading this book I thought that maybe I just needed a break from the YA Fantasy genre. But then I read Graceling by Kristin Cashore and was in love with it so now IDEK lol I also think the hype and high ratings killed it in a way for me, my expectations were set too high and I just expected more.

The main protagonist and the story really reminds me of Alita :P Where Alita meets Cinderella XD The main character is a mechanic who works on fixing bots, and she's part cyborg. She has a crush on the prince. Prince is having a ball. There's a fearful plague spreading with no cure.

I won't be continuing the series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Reminders of Him

Reminders of Him by Colleen Hoover My rating: 5 of 5 stars View all my reviews