Monday, February 10, 2020

Review: Circe

Circe Circe by Madeline Miller
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

MASTER PIECE!!!

One of my favorite books of all time... all bow down to Madeline Miller because she is on another level. I can't even... lol Amazing... I don't even know how to review this book...

I just wanted to live in Circe's world forever, I didn't want there to be a beginning, middle, or end... I just wanted to be haha The other book series/author that's made me feel like that is Patrick Rothfuss's book The Name of the Wind. You just want to live in their world and read their words and just be happy and whole lol.

I loved reading about Circe's story of how she came to be, her family, how she was different, how she didn't agree with how her family ran things, namely her father and mother.

I have to say that this book is super dense and poetic. I literally had to re-read the first few pages at least 10 times. You cannot speed read this book at all, you have to sip and savor every sentence. There's new gods and characters at every turn and you have to be focused at learning about them.

All the Greek God references... she's the daughter of Helio's the sun god. They fear the almighty Zeus. There's some interesting politics. Circe has a million cousins and brothers and sisters and each one is such a character.

Prometheus was really interesting and what they did/do to him is just soooo disturbing... because he is a god he cannot die from wounds, so they have a crow come eat his liver and leave and once it heals back the crow comes again to eat it... it's just so disturbing lol And how Circe is the first to be compassionate about him and she takes some risks.

She pushes her powerful father and he exiles her to an island. But turns out that the island is pretty freakin cool and there's a beautiful house that she lives in and makes her own. From here she finds her true self from isolation, determination, and devotion. She practices and practices relentlessly and is finally confident in herself and realizes her true power internally and externally. It goes on from there with sailors and other gods visiting her in exile. The rest is history :P

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Reminders of Him

Reminders of Him by Colleen Hoover My rating: 5 of 5 stars View all my reviews