Thursday, April 11, 2019

Review: Turtles All the Way Down

Turtles All the Way Down Turtles All the Way Down by John Green
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is such a real life, authentic book. It reminds me of It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini as well as Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger.

I'm becoming a big fan of John Green <3 The way he writes is so beautiful, poetic, and authentically heart churning.

It's such a teen fitting question of "Who are we? Who am I? What is our purpose? Are we just water and bacteria living in this balloon of a body? What makes us who we are? Circumstances, what we own what we like? It's interesting hearing the inside thoughts of a troubled teen, even though it's made up from John Green. He must have personally known someone with OCD to have written this book.

I loved Aza's best friend Daisy she was so funny and such a good friend. When they blew up at eachother I really felt like I was there with them, felt so real...

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. This sounds so nice! I definitely need to finally read this! I'm totally in the mood for books that seem authentic and heartfelt! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea it's a really nice authentic heartfelt story! Have you read other books from John Green? He's great :)

    ReplyDelete

Review: Murtagh

Murtagh by Christopher Paolini My rating: 2 of 5 stars View all my reviews