Saturday, February 2, 2019

Review: Ruthless King

Ruthless King Ruthless King by Meghan March
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Smut smut smut 2/5. Story? Meh, Smut? It was okay. lol that sums it up nicely.

For the record the only other romance/smut type of books I've ever read are the 50 Shades so I had that to compare it to. This book is not even close to how good 50 Shades was and 50 Shades wasn't even 5/5.

Ruthless King... it wasn't even about a King lol

The story was so meh, I can literally sum up the whole story in a sentence, but with no spoilers - it's about a girl that runs a lovely distillery passed down from her family and a random guy says that her recently deceased husband owed half a million dollars so now she's going to have to be his. Like she's going to be his property basically.

As a business woman myself, I didn't feel the legitimacy of the main characters business sense. It definitely felt made up, not a real business woman. Any real business woman would get her lawyers or accountants or anything to look over documents especially owing half a million dollars, but she naively believed the whole thing.

Also, we literally know nothing about the main guy, just that he's apart of drug dealing maybe? That's literally it, how can I as a reader develop feelings for him if there's nothing there lol ugh...

The smut was okay but not even that good, it wasn't very detailed and there were only a few smutty moments in the whole book. Speaking of which, this book was pretty short!

I won't be reading the next book in the series but I might give one of Meghan March's other smutty books a chance.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Reminders of Him

Reminders of Him by Colleen Hoover My rating: 5 of 5 stars View all my reviews