Monday, January 13, 2020

Review: The Fellowship of the Ring

The Fellowship of the Ring The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I've wanted to read this book since it came out in theatres in 2001 XD Almost 20 years ago!!!

I'm glad I read it because I learned so much more about the characters, the world, the journey, and the history of the ring.

Unlike The Hobbit this book had sooooo much more than the movie! Mostly the beginning and end of this book differed the most from the movie.
The beginning was much more dense in this book of how the hobbits left the shire and the beginnings of their journey.
I wish Tom Bombadil was at least in the movie! I loved his character along with his loving beautiful wife Goldberry.
And whereas the movie ends at Gandalf falling, there's about 20% left of the book still to go after that point. We're taken to the beautiful world of Lothlorien, meeting Galadriel, the ships, the river, and the breaking of the fellowship of the ring where Boromir unwillingly turns even and wants the ring for himself. He scares off Frodo and Frodo realizes he must do this journey alone. Yet Sam figures out where he's headed and heartfeltly joins him on the boat - into the next book!

The middle of the book I sadly found verrrrrry long, overly political, and it was too much to learn in one sitting! I felt at multiple occasions I needed a breather just to let everything sink in lol.

Definitely a re-read lol Also marked as one of my favourite Fantasy novels of all time ;) <3

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Reminders of Him

Reminders of Him by Colleen Hoover My rating: 5 of 5 stars View all my reviews