Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Review: The Cruel Prince

The Cruel Prince The Cruel Prince by Holly Black
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

(3.5/5 stars) This book always kept me on my toes, it was suspenseful and I was always wondering where it was going next. It was pretty Game of Thrones like with all the politics, war, and gruesomeness. I would describe it as a fairytale/castle/court/political power plot.

Holly Black writes each sentence so dense with description and meaning! It's definitely not a book to listen to in the car lol you have to pay a lot of attention to it.

There's a good amount of description mixed with dialogue.

This isn't a book for YYA (younger younger adult) lol More so like late teens at least.

Holly Black is a good world builder, this book would make a good movie.

Cardon is such a mean bully yet I was attracted to him from the start for some reason lol He's just so hot and powerful XD shame Leah... shame... shame....

And oh man the vocabulary!!! Sheesh I'm having to google a word every few minutes...
New words to learn from reading this book: obeisance, capricious, effusive, machination, magnanimous, solemn, abdicate, euphemism, fealty, conciliatory, opulent, pretension, and many more...

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Reminders of Him

Reminders of Him by Colleen Hoover My rating: 5 of 5 stars View all my reviews