Monday, October 21, 2019

Review: The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing

The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing by Marie Kondō
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book is perfect for getting motivation and a game plan on how to declutter your home.

It definitely gave me the motivation to start and make a game plan of how I'm going to tackle all the "stuff." Picking up each item one by one and asking myself if it sparks joy.

What it really comes down to is if you continually need to clean your home - that just means that you have too much stuff and you don't have a proper home for your things. Your home will never be clean and organized if you keep endless amounts of stuff. And all the stuff makes you loose focus of what you truly love and want to keep. The treasure get hidden amongst random stuff.

Once you clean your home you are able to focus on the more important things in life, like your health and well being.

I'm surprised this book didn't touch on "minimalism" because it almost did but didn't coin the term. It says to get rid of all the things you don't truly love and find practical but it didn't talk specifically about "minimalizing" your home.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Reminders of Him

Reminders of Him by Colleen Hoover My rating: 5 of 5 stars View all my reviews