Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Review: Girl, Stop Apologizing: A Shame-Free Plan for Embracing and Achieving Your Goals

Girl, Stop Apologizing: A Shame-Free Plan for Embracing and Achieving Your Goals Girl, Stop Apologizing: A Shame-Free Plan for Embracing and Achieving Your Goals by Rachel Hollis
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was surprisingly a good book, I've gotten some value from it. I expected it to be like Jen Sincero's book You are a Badass but it was better, there was more practical advice.

I really enjoyed the chapter on other peoples opinions (OPO). At the end of the day OPO doesn’t matter it’s yours that matters and others may have developed their opinion for a multitude of reasons and perceptions you never had. Don’t ask others for their opinions just to validate your own, listening to OPO and allowing it to influence you makes you vulnerable about yours and it might not even matter based on one just one persons opinion, how can you generalize what everyone will think? Everyone has different beliefs and values which means you can’t please everyone.

Some practical advice:
- Wake up an hour early before you have to get your day rolling for some good ol' me time
- Get confident - first of all care about how you look, dress, make up, eye lashes etc
- Get off social media it’s a time killer
- Deep work

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Reminders of Him

Reminders of Him by Colleen Hoover My rating: 5 of 5 stars View all my reviews