Thursday, September 19, 2019

Review: The Elite

The Elite The Elite by Kiera Cass
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I am enjoying this series more than I thought I would. I seriously did not think I would be reading the 2nd book... alas... here I am lol Onto the third book now.

This book is good but you know how things are going to turn out. Cass tried to be discreet about things but in reality - at least to me - it's obvious. You know what's really going on between the lines yet the book tried to surprise you. That's the main thing I don't like, but it's kinda unavoidable given this specific story.

It also felt dragged on, honestly this book doesn't take a huge step forward in the story, it just seemed like Cass wanted to write a whole series and make more money out of it. The characters undergo most of the same issues as the first book did. There's just more character development I suppose in this book.

I love the love triangle. It reminds me of the love triangle in the Throne of Glass series and as well as the triangle in The Hunger Games. Throne of Glass is a much better book though because the story is much muuuuch more dense. This book is mostly soley on the love triangle. There's bits about the northern and southern attackers but not much.

(view spoiler)


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Reminders of Him

Reminders of Him by Colleen Hoover My rating: 5 of 5 stars View all my reviews