Friday, August 16, 2019

Review: Matilda

Matilda Matilda by Roald Dahl
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

One of my top favorite stories of all time! <3

I grew up in the 90's watching the movie over and over again. As a kid this story influenced me a lot to become a well educated person. It made me more curious, made me want to learn more, and that learning was fun and powerful.

Comparing the book to the movie:
- The book is just as good if not better because it explains things more and there's more detail. The movie is more cinematic.
- There's a chapter not in the movie called Ghost where Matilda borrows her friend Fred's talking parrot and brings it home, puts it up the chimney and freaks the hell out of her parents. It's pretty funny
- Once Matilda shows Miss Honey her abilities Miss Honey invites Matilda to her small quaint cottage where Matilda realizes how poor Miss Honey is. Then Miss Honey explains the story of how Miss Trunchbull basically murdered her father Agnus and took the house and the money and demanded Miss Honey that she owes her for all the food and shoes she paid for her growing up that now she owe's her so once Miss Honey got a job the paycheck went to Miss Trunchbull and she gave Miss Honey only $1 pound a week to live by. This gives Matilda the idea about writing on the chalkboard and pretending to be Magnus and threaten Miss Trunchbull to give Miss Honey back her house and everything. The entire cottage part wasn't in the movie and the story wasn't quite the same as the movie.
- The whole climax scene in the movie where Matilda and Miss Honey are in Agnus's house is not in the book at all.

I'm definitely going to read this book to my future kids <3



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Reminders of Him

Reminders of Him by Colleen Hoover My rating: 5 of 5 stars View all my reviews