Sunday, April 28, 2019

Review: Uprooted

Uprooted Uprooted by Naomi Novik
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

(4.5/5) Gahhhh a breath of fresh air! Such a unique book I loved it.

After I read the first chapter I described this book as "a mysterious, and for some reason romantic fairytale <3" and that was actually spot on lol. I was really curious about "the Dragon" and who he was. He's such a hot, moody, temperamental wise guy lol There's not a huge presence of him for the second half of the book which I didn't like, I wanted more! :P

I really enjoyed this book and I loved it but I didn't absolutely love it. I didn't love the last quarter of the book. There's a lot of action and it would be better as a movie than a book. I personally don't really enjoy reading action sequences in a book especially if they last a long time. But this book definitely deserves a 5 star because it's just so damn good and different.

This book has kingdoms and war like Game of Thrones, and Lord of the Rings for the imaginative creatures and adventures, and the magic and (use of words and naming things) from my favourite book The Name of the Wind, but also a more youthful read that has a magical world like Eragon but nothing fairytale compares to it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Reminders of Him

Reminders of Him by Colleen Hoover My rating: 5 of 5 stars View all my reviews