Saturday, April 13, 2019

Review: We Have Always Lived in the Castle

We Have Always Lived in the Castle We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

(2.5/5 stars) Well this was the most depressing, paranoid, negative book I've ever read lol... someone plz pass me the sunshine! Or should I say... the sugar bowl??? :P I think not

Nah for real this book wasn't bad, it was just very different than the books I'm use to reading. This was the first book I've read by Shirley Jackson although I have watched the TV Show The Haunting of Hill House which I enjoyed, even though it was pretty slow at times, it was very creepy!

This book reminded me of the creepy movie The Boy, where this woman has to take care of this families doll in this creepy old mansion and it turns out he was real/alive. The Boy reminded me of the creepiness and innocence of Merricat. It also reminded me of the creepiness of the movie Crimson Peak where this family lives in a dark mansion and it's all creepy, and then one day they have a guest come over, similar to when Charles came over. Damn Charles...

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Reminders of Him

Reminders of Him by Colleen Hoover My rating: 5 of 5 stars View all my reviews