Monday, January 28, 2019

Review: Bloodlines

Bloodlines Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This series is in the perspective of Sydney which is a huge character change from Rose. Sydney is more good girl goody two shoes and Rose is more badass IDGAF lol I prefer being in the mind of Sydney which is why I think I enjoy this series better than Vampire Academy. This book was slower than VA in a good way, not as jumpy and rushed, more character development, but maybe this is just because it's the first book of the series.

You don't need to read Vampire Academy to read this series because everything is explained. It's just better to read VA first because this book takes off right after the series ends so you know the history.

In the VA series I never really understood the alchemists. - They're protectors of humans yet they sometimes help out the moroi like how they keep vampires under-wraps from humans. It's almost like they protect vampires over humans at times. If humans found out about vampires then they could be more prepared and defend themselves better. Alchemists believe vampires should have no place in the world - but I like how Sydney is empathetic to moroi and dhampirs.

"Vasilisa must have one family member in order to hold her throne" - this is so dumb, come onnnnn now you just know that they're going to try and kill her sister Jill.

I wanted more romance stuff with Adrian! Adrian's Mr. Cool boy, funny and witty, thinks he's all that but really he's caring underneath and a nice guy.

I'm not going to run to read the next book in the series but if I start missing this series I'll read the next one.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Reminders of Him

Reminders of Him by Colleen Hoover My rating: 5 of 5 stars View all my reviews