Thursday, January 3, 2019

Review: The Saturday Night Ghost Club

The Saturday Night Ghost Club The Saturday Night Ghost Club by Craig Davidson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I enjoyed this book. Mostly because of Davidson's writing, he is immensely poetic, descriptive, and detailed. The story is basically about a boy and his eclectic uncle that tells him ghost stories every Saturday. But this book wasn't what I was expecting at all lol I thought it would just be a collection of ghost stories that were really creepy but it was deeper than that.

The book starts out describing the brain, it's only grey once it's surrounded by oxygen, it's actually pink. It's texture isn't rubbery like in the movies it's actually like toothpaste. He talks about how a tumor or trauma can effect and change a person. How memory is like a living thing always morphing and changing. You really only remember what you want to remember and you have the power to even change what you remember.

The main character Jake is a neurosurgeon working at St. Michael's Hospital in Toronto. He grew up in Niagara falls and describes Clifton hill, the summer tourists, etc and he now lives in his glittery apartment in Toronto. It was neat hearing about Toronto and Niagara Falls because I'm very familiar with the area ;)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Reminders of Him

Reminders of Him by Colleen Hoover My rating: 5 of 5 stars View all my reviews