Monday, January 21, 2019

Review: Wild Born

Wild Born Wild Born by Brandon Mull
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This book was too childish for me, and it's unfitting because I believe this book isn't for children lol
It's not geared towards adults either, I would say between 10-18 which is a pretty small window.

It's not for adults for obvious reasons lol but it's not for kids because the vocabulary is pretty thick! Assemblage, pageantry, mews, rove, morsel, rondavel etc. And at parts it gets pretty violent and gruesome. AND the book starts off with so many characters even just in the first chapter children would get overwhelmed and not want to read it.

The story was strictly okay, from the beginning I could see the whole thing laid out, granted this is not a book for adults. I loved how much the love of animals is present, even when a deer gets arrowed for meat: “I’m sorry for taking your life, friend. Our village needs your meat. I got in close and made a clean shot so you wouldn’t suffer. Please forgive me.”

I had my issues:
- Even though the main characters are from completely different cultures and even continents and have zero knowledge of each other they were easily brought together to train together...
- I feel it contradicting that Connor is Devin's man servant and only a sheepfarmer while Devin is this royalty status and yet Connor is amongst the 3 kids who get to go to the nectar ceremony???

- 4 chapters introducing a spirit animal character in each chapter - first is connor, sheepfarmer serving a royalty boy who are both up for the running, connor isn't very confident, summons a wolf which is amongst one of the great beasts which is unheard of - second is Abeke who kills and offers an antelope as a gift to the ceremony, the people are starving but she's late so everyone is more disappointed in her than happy - she gets a leopard which is again unheard of because it's a legendary guardian - weird that her dad was not impressed he wondered if it was for good or evil but the leopard just brought rain which is what the community really needed. And I'm too bored to even write the other two main characters lol

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Reminders of Him

Reminders of Him by Colleen Hoover My rating: 5 of 5 stars View all my reviews